Monday, August 1, 2011

Spoiled Kitty Cat


Hallo,
2 posts in one day - WOW - but I couldn't wait to show you this silly little cat bed that I made.
I had found this roundish barbie suitcase at a garage sale and decided it needed to be a cat bed - since it seems all cats love to get inside boxes and mine especially love suitcases.
This one however will go to my Etsy shop - my 2 young brats are waaayyy to big for this bed (porkers) and my sweey old meow has slept by my pillow for the last 20 years so thats not going to change anytime soon (I hope...).
I first covered the box with black coredinations paper that I used a dotted texture folder on and sanded off to show pink dots.
The images are from an Outlines Rubber Stamp - collage image, stamped several times and colored with copics. I then cut the colored stamped images apart and used then to decorate the top, sides and inside of the box.
The first picture is the top - at the bottom of the photo you can see the bracket with velcro I added to hold the lid open (that way it can be closed for shipping, storage or travel as needed).
The second pic is a close-up of the lid and the third shows the inside of the case.
I lined the bottom of the case with gray fur material and added some of the black/pink dotted paper around the inside of the lid and a couple decorations near the mirror.
I also added some rhinestone hearts in pink to the mirror.
I left the mesh pouch on the inside of the lid to hold kitty treats or toys :) And added a pink tassle (last picture) for kitty to play with too.
I added little 'feet' to the bottom of the box by using some drawer pulls so it sits up a little bit.
I am tickled pink :) with how this turned out - I will be adding it to my Etsy shop later this afternoon when I get up.
I am off to bed now!!!!
Happy Monday!!!!
Take Care
Tera




















































































1 comment:

fritterfran said...

This turned out soooo cute! Fran