Friday, November 15, 2013

Christmas Doves

 Hallo,
   Well I managed to get this card done in time for the challenge deadline. I wanted to do the doves in the release challenge colors from Flourishes - teal blues and brown. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  I colored the dove image (all stamps from Flourishes) with copics - coloring one dove brown and one with light blue and a grayish teal. The holly leaves I did with greens and dark teal with the berries in the same teals as the light dove.
  I cut several layers with Spellbinders dies - the main image then the next layer in a dark blue teal from shimmery paper. The next layer is a green hued dark teal that is shimmery too and lastly the base layer is a shimmery navy blue.
  I accented the card with a gold mesh ribbon and a ribbon made of bluish teal sequined ribbon, some teal rhinestones and some gold pearl drops in the corners. I also edged all the layers in gold metallic pen.
   This card turned out even better than I had envisioned :) and another Christmas card added to the pile too :)
    All for today - Take Care
          Tera


4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh these doves are some of my favorite. Very warm and pretty. Love the frame girlie. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Grab A Cup Challenge.

Connie MacFarlane said...

Tera, this is gorgeous! Love that image and all of the details and the great texture you have added to your card.

Silke Ledlow said...

Tera, this is such a beautiful take on this weeks inspiration photo! Glad you had a chance to play...hugs ~S~

Allison Cope said...

Stunning Tera! Love the rich colours. thanks playing alkng with us at Flourishes.