Monday, November 11, 2013

Fall Wedding box

 



  Hallo,
    Headed off to work soon so will show you this before I go - I made this wedding box and memory book for a coworker. She and her significant other wanted a fall wedding and their colors are maroon
 and gray with accents in orange and gold.
  I love to alter boxes and have a big stash of wooden cigar boxes and can usually find a cool chipboard book to fit inside.
  Lots of details and layers here and I almost think I may have overdid it a bit....still not sure but I like how it turned out!!
  For the top I started with a silvery gray and stamped and embossed the swirls on it with a background stamp from Flourishes in an antique copper colored powder. The corners are almost the same color as the powder and I have 'feet' (old drawer pulls) that are the same color too.
  Next is several layers of ribbon - the maroon mesh, 2 layers of gray and then a layer of pearls.
  The main image is a Northwoods stamp embossed in gold onto the gray paper and layered to a Spellbinders die in red.
  Then I accented with some paper flowers and leaves and a tiny charm that says 'To love and cherish'
 The 4th picture shows the inside of the box with part of their invitation showing behind the memory book.
  I used pretty fall papers with matching red/gray and orange for the memory book.
  I used scraps of the papers from the box and book to die cut a pile of leaves and used a few to decorate both the box and memory book and saved the rest - I plan to take the box/book to work the next couple days and have all our coworkers sign a little note on a leaf and then will put all the leaves into the card for them - I saw that idea somewhere only it was done with hearts instead for a Valentines wedding and I thought the leaves would work very well too!!!
   All for me today - off to work I go....
          Take Care
                Tera




No comments: