Friday, May 2, 2008

Sophisticated Butterfly

Hallo,
Today I have for you a tag made from an unusual material :) - The blue part is made from toilet paper - yup you 'heard' me toilet paper. I learned this technique at the convention I went to in febr. from the folks at Rubber Nature http://rubbernature.com/ . You use wet toilet paper and mold it into molds - in this case the stamp I used has a great pattern and so nicely deep cut that it was easy to use it as a mold. Can you guess who the stamp is from ??? The stamp is a backrounder that I have used alot lately from CHF http://cornishheritagefarms.com/ called 'sophisticated swirls'. Once the TP was sorta dry I misted it with color wash sprays from Stamp Zia.
The butterfly you might reconize from a couple cards a while back - I stamped white paper with the heart from MFT and then cut/embossed butterflys with the cuttlebug and the swiped over the embossed parts with more of the same ink as the backround - added some pink rhinstones, and used foam tape just in the middle so his wings 'float'.
Finished off the tag with beaded ribbon, navy fun fur yarn and a button. The TP section was glued to a shipping tag and I finished the back in teal cardstock.
All for today
Tera

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how unique...I love it...I have made smaller ones with the TP but this size is wonderful...thanks for sharing the idea!
Debinicol@yahoo.com