Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Father's Day wallet cards

Hallo,
I started on my Father's Day cards over the holiday weekend. I managed to finish up 3 of them today (I am making a total of about 15 - cause I send not just to my Step-Dad but friends of ours who happen to be Dads too). (Both mine and DH's Dads are no longer with us)
This is a wallet card that I found the pattern for on SCS. I thought this Cuttlebug folder would make it look like snakeskin or fancy leather. I used the Cuttlebug Smoosh technique from Technique Junkies - ie brayered ink on the inside of the cuttlebug folder and then run it through the cuttlebug with the paper. I used manly looking brads for accents - the accual closure device is small round velcro spots (found in the sewing notions area of JoAnn's).
The first picture is gray paper with green distress ink. The second is gray paper with ginger adirondak ink and shows the inside. The third picture is green paper with the ginger ink.
The last picture for the day was what I got in the mail today - my advance copy of the June/July Stamplers Sampler. This is my first time getting published - I sent 3 batches of cards at the same time (one to Stamplers Sampler and 2 to Take Ten) - these were my first attempts at getting published so am really doing the Happy Dance!!! (And I am confident that my advance copy of Take Ten will come tomorrow - LOL - hey sometimes wishes DO come true :).
My card is the top right-hand one on page 48.
All for today - I work the next 2 days so hope to get some craft time on friday....
Take Care
Tera

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

TERA!!!!!!!!!!!! These wallet cards ROCK!!! And CONGRATULATIONS on the pubs!!! WOOHOO!! You go girl! what a special special day!!! I am so happy for yoU!