Monday, July 19, 2010

Felted Flourishes

Hallo,
I did this for this weeks Timeless Tuesday challenge - FTTC75 - over at the Flourishes blog.
This week the challenge was to use felt - and for me that is a challenge as I almost never use felt. But I hadn't had a chance to do the FTTC challenge in a couple weeks so I was determined!!!
Check out the blog for more inspiration - www.flourishes.org/blog/
I used the felt as the backround - it is a tan colored piece of patterned felt and I rubbed some brown craft ink lightly over the top to bring out the texture. I used the same brown ink on the tan cardstock on which I stamped the reindeer and the phrase with dark brown ink.
I colored the reindeer with prismacolor pencils and cut him out using the 'out-of-the-box' technique from Technique Junkies with a Spellbinders labels die. I edged the reindeer panel with copper mettalic pen and then did some 'faux stitching' (also TJ) on that panel and the felt panel.

Behind the reindeer is another panel cut with a different shaped Spellbinders die - edged with copper mettalic ink also.
The metal frame around the phrase is from JoAnn's and started out as a pewter color - untill I colored it with the copper mettalic pen to match.
I added a few tiny pearls as accents - coloring one red for his nose and called him done :)
All for today - I really need to get off the computer and get ready for work now.....
Take Care
Tera




5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hi Tera...long time no see!!! Your felt card is simply fabulous!!! I totally love this embossing/sponging idea...it looks WOW!!! Very clever approach and I'm so happy you had a chance to play along with us this week!!!

Have a wonderful evening!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Tera, this is amazing! Great design and look! Beautiful Christmas card! I did not know they made patterned felt. This is a wonderful look with the ink added. Wow! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Unknown said...

Wow!! This is super fabulous! I love the felt embossed background...gorgeous!!
Thank you so much for playing along the FTTC with us.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card- I love the embossed felt - love the image and LOVE the card! TFS

Anna said...

Beautiful card, Terra. I love that background and of course, the red nose!