Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wish

Hallo,
Just a quick little post for you this am as I am headed for the craft room to do a bit of reorganizing (just a bit as to do more would require several weeks and possible a backhoe... :)
Staying with the beach theme today, I am using some of the seashells I had left from my birdhouse project (I have a ton left over - I way over estimated how many I would use on the birdhouses, but thats ok because it means ready made seashells for cards...)
The backround is 'sanded coredinations' technique from Technique Junkies with one of my new Tim Holtz texture folders.
The trio was done by glueing shells to blue cardstock and cutting them out with a Spellbinders label die in my cuttlebug. I added a flat backed pearl to the middle one 'just beacause it needed it...'


I dug out a jar that held beads already mixed with glue to use on the strip, but alas the glue was mostly dried up -!!! NOTE TO SELF!!! - USE YOUR GOODIES BEFORE THEY DRY UP ect!!!! Oh well I made it work by crumbling the rubbery glue/bead mixture up and sticking it to a strip of double sided tape. And then glued some smaller seashells above the bead strip.
The little string of 3 pearls after the phrase accually covers up a small smude :) - remember the bigger pearl attatched to the shell 'just because' - well it was 'just because' it matched/tied-in the small row after the phrase..... :) funny how that works sometimes!!! :)
All right - time to get to work, I only have a few hours this am because the kids have appointments for school physicals this afternoon and DD is babysitting an itty bitty but very active munchkin at our house this afternoon......
Take Care
Tera
P.S. All stamps from Gina K - colored with copics....







No comments: