Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet Dragons

Hallo,
I finished off a couple cards today including this one for a challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers - www.sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com
This challenge was a recipe - no DP, 2 images, 1 butterfly and 3 embellishments - WOW - talk about a challenge!!!!
No DP - no problem - I used white core paper, a TH texture folder and 'sanded coredinations' technique from Technique Junkies for the backround.
2 images - challenge - I had wanted to use my new dragons so I colored them with copics and did the rocks and floor in the same colors to coordinate. Getting them onto the same card in a pleasing way was a challenge for me - this is a 5X7 card - so I had a bit more room....
1 butterfly - bigger challenge as cave merdragons and butterfly's don't usually go together and I really had to hunt to find a small butterfly - this small butterfly is a partial stamp from Bellastamps. (and wouldn't you know it, once I moved onto my next card I came across another small butterfly that would have worked even better....). I slipped my butterfly onto the top merdragon picture flitting about the drip of water on the stalactite.


Last but not least - 3 embellishments. 1 - tiny pearls on the drip of water and the shell waterbowl. 2 - small decorative corners for the outside corners of both merdragon pictures. And #3 - my favorite - I stamped the fish onto scrap paper col0red them and cut them out and then put them onto a little fishing lure holder thingy and put it so it looked like the purple merdragon was holding the string of fish.
All in all a fun challenge!!!!
Goodnight for now - see ya tomorrow.
Take Care
Tera












4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my7 blog

LINDA said...

This is just beautiful..Dont ya just love these images!!??!! You have done a fantastic job.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi I love these Lisa Victoria dragons aren't they just adorable to work with. I love your take on our challenge and I am glad it turned out fun in the end. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Pea Stampers Hugs Pascale

Beth Norman said...

Excellent job with the challenge, particularly those pearls. Talk about creative. I saw those dragons while on was on their site this week, and those are the two dragons I plan to get. Very cute card.