Friday, July 30, 2010

Sweet Pirate

Hallo,
A bit of a 'sweet' post for you today before I get in the pool - hot, hot, hot here in NW Florida these days!!!!
This is a card I did for this weeks challenge over at 'Sweet Pea Stampers' - the challenge was 'anything goes' but I had a similar card in mind for last weeks challenge which was black,white and one other color but I didn't get time to get done.....
Check out the blog for awsome Sweet Pea inspiration - www.sweetpeastampschallenge.blogspot.com
I stamped this sweet pirate mermaid onto sparkly gold cardstock from 'Paper Temptress' and colored her with copics. The copics don't lay down or blend quite as nice but since they are sort of translucent some of the gold shimmer shows through so its a really nice affect.
I layered her onto dark patterned gray and then onto a black and cream felted paper which I love!!!
Added a black bow and some rhinestones and that was all she said she needed.


You can kind of see more of the gold shimmer in these last 2 photos but still not as shimmery as in real life :)
All for tonight - Take Care
Tera




2 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Tera this is a gorgeous Card!!! I love the shimmer and the black and white background really lets the image pop. Thanks for sharing with us at SPS Hugs Pascale

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

I love B&W and this card is no acception!!!
beautiful!!!
thanks for joining us at SPS!!!