Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Patio Surfin'

Hallo,
A quick little post this am - didn't get this pre-posted the way I wanted - it was a busy night in the ICU and I am pooped and am ready to sleep....but I know you are just waiting with great anxiety to see what I have created this time :) hee hee
This is an image from 'Phindy's' and I did it for their current challenge here - www.phindysplacechallenge.blogspot.com The challenge this week is embossing. I had the Tim Holtz brick in mind for this image when I saw the challenge but the bricks immediately behind her was a happy doodleing - I needed some color behind her and tried for a faded red to be the same color of brick and then started shading in the bricks and I really like how they turned out.
I also liked how the kitty turned out as I drew in my own calico spots :) - and some of the spots match her hair :).
The foilage is from an older Gina K stamp set called tropical flowers.


Some fun news - I found out yesterday that I won pick of the week on the Phindys challenge blog from last week:)!!!! I haven't had a chance yo get my blinky up yet :) COOOL!!!!
Well, all for now - time for bed as I have to work tonight too.....
Take Care
Tera







6 comments:

Philomena said...

Tera, this card is just awesome! I love all your effects with the bricks and the greenery - and the coloring of the image is fabulous!
Thanks for playing along on Phindy's Friday!

(BTW - my sister recently spent 6 weeks in ICU and all the critical care nurses were just amazing. Such a tough job - thank you for doing it.)

Phindy

Tammy said...

Another fabulous card this week, Tera!! I really love all the stamping that you have done on this. Great coloring!!

Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place and look forward to seeing more!!! :)

Dawn B. said...

LOL...I patio surf all the time.. My favorite thing to do..This is adorable.. Great job.

Annika said...

Absolutely wonderful, such lovely design and beautiful colours, love the colouring, it's just stunning!
Thanks for playing at Phindys, hope to see you back next week.xxx
Annika

Anonymous said...

Loving your Tim Holtz Embossing plate-looks so cool with this image! Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place Challenge!

Anne-Marije said...

What a wonderful card...
Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place challenge.
xxx Anne-Marije