Monday, January 12, 2009

Chalkboard Butterfly

Hallo,

I had a little time and energy for the craft room today (it was almost a hard choice between craft room and going back to bed - busy weekend at work and only one day off and back to work tomorrow).

I have been seeing this technique lately and decided to try it. First I used one of my square nestabilities and just embossed the square - then I masked the edges and stamped the flowers, phrase and the butterfly (moth accually - i see now) all in white craft ink and heat set to dry.

Once dry I took my white koh i noor pencil and added shading to the flowers and the moth.

All the stamps are from Gina K http://www.ginakdesigns.com/



The colored moth is stamped onto watercolor paper with memento ink and watercolored with Peerless watercolors - I recieved a pack in my cruise goodie bag back in october and hadn't played with them since the cruise - except to order a bigger packet from MFT so I had more colors :). They are really easy to use!!!

I cut the moth out and edged it with my gold krylon pen. The antenna I had cut off so I replaced them with a scrap of beading cord with a knot on the end (it was about a 6 inch scrap laying on my desk from a differnt project).



I liked the way this one turned out - I may have to make a batch to have a few on hand....
Well thats all for tonight - more to show you tomorrow.
Take Care
Tera

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I think it's lovely and the colors you chose for contrast in the other butterfly are wonderful too!