Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Celebrate Christmas

Hallo,
Well this is not the card I intended to post for you today - I have an image from Mo's all ready to be made into a card but didn't get it done.....
I have a good excuse - I worked monday night and came home to sleep and checked on my old cat who hasn't been eating as much lately (and she usually loves her food) but she was sleeping and seemed ok so I went to bed. I woke up about 11 and realized she hadn't come up to sleep with me like she usually does so I went to check on her and found her in some major distress. I called the vet and ran her up thinking I was going to lose her (she is 19 and 1/2 years old). I didn't manage to get much more sleep waiting for the vet to call but about 330 they called to say that my sweet girl had a really bad stomach infection but after sonme fluids was doing better so I could take her home. She needed a bath and then got her the antibiotics and by then it was time for me to get ready for work.
Lucky for me we were a bit busy at work so I could keep moving and made it through the night. I tried to get up about 1 but with my sweet girl snuggled in by my side I didn't geet out of bed until the kids got home from school. Then I went to the gym with my DD, got some groceries on the way home and had a bit of time to check email before cooking super....
My sweet old cat is looking much better today - she is acting normal and starting to eat a bit....


Anyway - I did this card a few weeks ago....
The main image is from Cornish Heritage Farms (sniff - no longer in buiness as of now.....). It is an image from Thomas Kinkade which I stamped in dark blue onto light blue paper and just colored in a few spots - like the windows, lamppost and sled - and then added stickles glitter to snowman, some trees and parts of the roof.
The layer behind is a Tim Holtz texture folder.
All for today - sitting on the couch no thinking longingly of my bed :) - can't go to bed too early or I will be up at 2 am unable to sleep.....
Take Care
Tera






2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh so very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

So beautiful and frosty! I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better. 19 1/2 is a lifetime to share with a cat. I hope she continues to do well.