Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vintage Postcard - Winter White

Hallo,
I had a flurry of white here today trying to get #1 a card done for the Winter Whire release challenge over at Flourishes - www.flourishes.org/blog/
and #2 to get the last batch of my Christmas cards made so I can get them sent tomorrow.....
I really love this new set I got from Flourishes - you'll be seeing it again in the next few days.....It is called 'Vintage Postcard' and it is so easy to work with.
I started out embossing the main image in gold and then lightly coloring it to look like watercolors. I layered it onto a white cardstock which I ran through a texture folder and added a few white flat-backed pearls.
The first one I colored the frame with light browns and the second with light greens.

Not too much else going on here - still way too cold for being in Florida....and I ran my van to the shop today as both my front windows won't go up and down and boy is that going to cost a pretty penny (the people at chevy are pretty proud of the motors for those windows I guess....)
Well going to try and finish off a couple more cards before I cook super so had better get a goin'
Take Care
Tera












3 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Beautifully done. Your watercoloring is beautifully done.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is beautiful! Your colouring is so light...absolutely perfect for this image and the embossing is gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

So gorgeous and elegant with the gold embossing! Absolutely wonderful use of this stamp!