Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cherry Blossom Hummingbirds













Hallo,









I have been so excited about this - I am this months Guest Designer for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenges!!!!! How fun is that!!! Flourishes is one of my all-time favorite stamp companies, I am so addicted to all their flower sets!!!!





The challenge this week is from Makiko - 'Fly away with me' - use birds and/or bird elements on your project.





I dug out some of my hoarded stash of washi paper for today's project. This sheet is gorgeous gold tones with lots of shimmers.





I stamped the cherry blossums and the small hummingbird onto the washi paper with memento black and then colored with copics. Some of the texture and shimmer of the washi shows through the ink making it look kinda watercolorish.





The bigger hummingbird I stamped onto white cardstock and colored with copics and then added some glitter pens on top of the copics - fussy cut him out and layered him over the flowers.





The phrase is also from Flourishes - embossed in black.





I used the 'Cherry Blossums' and 'Humming Along'





sets.





The frame is one that I found at a flea market type store a long time ago and have been waiting for just the right piece to put in it (I accually found 3 in a set). The frame origionally had an oriental picture in it but it was faded, stained and torn but the frame was in good shape :)





CHALLENGE RULE CHANGES






HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Each week Flourishes draws one lucky name for a $10 gift code to the Flourishes store! Here’s how you can win…






Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge and provide a direct link using the Inlinkz widget provided below.






Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use keyword FTTC153.
Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
PLEASE NOTE… leaving comments for all the designers is no longer a challenge requirement!
One random winner will be picked from all of the entries to win the weekly prize! **BUT, since this is a New Release Week our winner will receive all the stamp sets for this month! AND, those that use Flourishes stamps will receive a double entry!**











Make sure to check out the Timeless Tuesday Design Teams creations here - www.flourishes.org/blog/


All for today - Take Care


Tera


P.S. I have this listed in my Etsy shop - www.stampqueen.etsy.com



















































10 comments:

Carla S. said...

Your card is stunning, Tera! Love the Washi paper and the beautiful images! Congrats on your GD spot!

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful! I love that you used the Cherry Blossom set with the Humming Bird. So is that stamped on a piece of chipboard? :)

Beate said...

Welcome to the team, Tera! Your project looks amazing!
Hugs and smiles

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card Tera! That background looks fabulous and I love the sweet Hummingbirds! So happy to have you join along with FTTC DT :)

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the FTTC guest spot!!! Girl, you never said a word!!! Your card is AMAZING! I clicked onto it so I could zoom in and really check it out. I love the intensity of the colors and that paper...beautiful! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Cindy Haffner said...

WELCOME Tera!!~ WOW such BEAUTY!!~

Unknown said...

I am so excited your joining with us Tera!
This is so stunning! I LOVE the washi paper...I've got to use mine! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful too.

Marlena M. said...

Tera, what a gorgeous display of color. I love the look of Washi paper. Congratulations on being guest designer!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is awesome. Very rich and beautiful.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, that is stunning! What a great effect you get from using that paper... such beautiful, vibrant color! Gorgeous piece of work! :) SO glad to have you joining us this month!