Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Flourishes FTTC on 2-14





Hallo,


Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!!


I am back for another Timeless Tuesday challenege this am. Beate is our challenge host today and she asked us to make a card for someone you love and to use the color red.


I was finishing up some Valentine cards when I made these and used one of my newer sets from Flourishes as well as one older set.


On this first card, I stamped the roses in tattered rose distress ink all over the front of the card and then stamped the big heart over it with memento black ink.


I colored the big heart with copics and then embossed the phrase and corners with black. and finally edged the card with a red copic.

For my second card - I stamped the heart onto white cardstock and colored again with copics and embossed the phrase with black. I cut it out with a Spellbinders matching heart die and then edged it with mettalic gold pen.


The background is coredinations paper run through a texture folder and sanded off. I added some gold sticker corners and then mounted to a red card base.


Make sure to check out what the Design Team has for you this am and if you play along and link to the Flourishes blog you could win some spending cash at the Flourishes store!!! :)


Check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/

CHALLENGE RULES
HOW TO PLAY: Everyone can PLAY and anyone can WIN! Each week Flourishes draws one lucky name for a $10 gift code to the Flourishes store! Here’s how you can win…
Create a new card or paper-crafted project fitting the challenge and provide a direct link using the Inlinkz widget provided below.
Include a link back to this challenge in your blog post or gallery upload.
If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use keyword FTTC155.
Deadline to enter is next Monday at 6:00 p.m. EST.
One random winner will be picked from all of the entries to win the weekly prize!


All for this am - got home after work yesterday am and got about 3 hours sleep and then woke up and could not sleep anymore....good thing I didn't have to go back to work last night...so I ran a couple errands....did yard work...cleaned house....late in the afternoon I sat down to write my post for this am and fell asleep on my computer....


The kids woke me up when they got home after softball practice and I stumbled around the house for a bit trying to wake up ....ate supper and gave up and went to bed ...ahhh the joys of working night shift......good thing I slept good because I just got talked into and extra shift tonight....heavy sigh....ah well the budget could always use it.....


All for this am - errands to finish and some craft room time hopefully.


Take Care


Tera






































8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Tera! Beautiful designs with the hearts!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning projects Tera! Happy Valentine's Day!

Beate said...

Both cards look wonderful, Tera!
I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
Hugs and smiles

Amanda said...

WOW! Your cards look beautiful! I especially love the Tattered Rose Distress Inked background on the first one. And I love that embossed front on your second card. You made two beautiful cards, not many Flourishes GDT members can get two done, let alone on your schedule! Bravo :)

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!~

Yogi said...

love the cards and the way you did the hearts. The black background is wonderful.

Carole said...

So lovely Tera, and I love how you stamped the roses over the card front. Beautiful work!

Cheryl said...

OMG, I missed these last week. How awesome! They need you on their team permanently! I like both these cards, but I am in LOVE with the first one. The red heart looks like a tattoo--like it's been branded onto the card. What a cool effect you achieved. Spectacular!