Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Country Summer Sunsets

Hallo,
Well this is my last Tuesday for Flourishes Guest FTTC Designer :( pout... but I have had a blast playing along with the pro's this month.
Our challenge this week is for 'Country Cool' to create something inspired by country living. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
I used seven (7) Flourishes set to make up this picture frame for todays challenge and a technique from Technique Junkies called layered masking.
I grew up on the farm and all of these scenes remind me of the 'good ol days'.
I used to go fishing now and then with my Dad and I would often ride my horse down to the 'crick' (thats creek for you non-country types :) and sit under the trees reading . We often played in the sprinklers in the evening and spent lots of time creating our 4-H float for our small town parade every year.

I said I used 7 different sets for this frame so here is the list (I think this may be a record for me to use all on one project :)
Gerber Daisies, Kids Play, Moments in Time, Sweet Days of Summer, Patriotism on Parade, Wild for Watermelon and Damask background.
For the layered masking I used Distress and Adirondak inks and embossed the images and phrases in black. And I used some bronze viva decor pen in the corners.
I had a blast making this up - I have one with a Christmas theme in mind (matter of fact saturdays post was a trial run for that idea...).
All for this am - hoping to get some serious craft time in today :)
Take Care
Tera















































18 comments:

Beate said...

Wow, Wow, WOW! Tera, you blew me away. Each picture in your frame looks fantastic. I love that you stamped the background, LOVE your sponging and the silhouette images you used.
Amazing project.
Hugs and smiles

Silke Ledlow said...

Tera, this is fabulous! I love this idea and how you highlighted each image! Thank you for being our Guest Designer, and I'm so sorry I have not been around, it's been a short crazy month! Hugs ~S~

Colleen said...

Tera,
These are amazing, great take on the challenge and I love the Christmas one too!

Mona Pendleton said...

Holy Smokes Tera! This project is GORGEOUS! What a work of art and great way to represent the treasured memories with your Dad!

Unknown said...

Wowza!!! Your country living inspired creation is my inspiration Tera!! I love each stamped design and colors!
So glad you joined with us this month! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful ideas!

Cindy Haffner said...

WOW WOW WOW!!~

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this sillouette set and you certainly did a great job with all of them...super wonderful. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...

Tera, this is AMAZING! What a beautiful work of art! That layered masking technique is incredible, and your beautiful sunset silhouettes are fabulous. What awesome work! Thank you for all your beautiful, inspiring designs this past month!

Cheri said...

Spectacular project, Tera!!! This is an amazing art work. Congratulations on your guest DT spot with Flourishes, too. Hugs.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this set of cards is absolutely fabulous! I love the different BG images you used- and the highlightimg. Congrats on being guest DT at Flourishes too- Wahoo!

Marrigje said...

WOW what a great idea to do it like this. I love it. The card it selfs are real great but together WOW

Marie said...

Utterly spectaculars and amazing, Tera. Beautiful work of art. TFS

Carole said...

Very impressive Tera and beautifully done!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous project! Love your stamping.

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Tera, these are just amazing! What beautiful scene you created!

Marlena M. said...

Tera, this is AMAZINGLY beautiful. Wow.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

You are very creative! Love, love this.

Yogi said...

lovely. That sure is a lot of stamps on that project. Nice combination.