Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Redneck Birdhouse

 Hallo,
    Posting just real quick today - trying to get in some serious time in the craft room!!! :)
   Todays project is a decorative birdhouse made from a book and foam board.
  For this one I used a redneck joke book - the cover is the roof and I used pages from the book to decorate the sides and bottom .
   I inked the edges with red ink as it was looking a bit more white than I wanted. I then trimmed the sides and edges with a thin twine and used the twine to make the 'hole' for the bird.
   I did some yard work this am so the 'perch' is a piece of a stick from my yard. I used more twine for the hanger part and added a little grasshopper to the roof.
All for today - Take Care and have a greath 4th of July (I am thinking of going to the beach for a bit but I have to work tomorrow night so it won't be for but a couple hours)
   Tera


No comments: