Saturday, July 7, 2012

Welcome Home

Hallo,
  I am going to pre-post for this am in hopes of sleeping late :) - DS wants me to go with him to the Bass Pro shop so he can buy a himself a compound bow (he's not 18 yet :) - it will give me a good excuse to pop into Micheals which is almost next door.....I think DH will be out  riding on the Harley today (I go with sometimes but somehow the wind on my face today is not going to work - the puffiness in my face has mostly gone away but....nah I think not).
   I did this card for the current challenge over at Cornish Heritage Farms which is for a 'birthday card or tag' - Now I know at first glance this doesn't look like a birthday card but it is for a friend of a friend who is coming home this week from being deployed and its also his birthday so it does say Happy Birthday also - just on the inside (and I rarely take pics of the inside of the card so I forgot this time too.) Check out the challenge here - www.cornishheritagefarms.blogspot.com
Cornish Heritage Farms has started releaseing the Thomas Kinkade images and this is one of them just release (I had it already from old CHF) it is colored with copics - one of the first ones I have tried with the copics as I usually like the softer look with the pencils.
   I tried for a more masculine look with the wood grain background - I don't know how well the masculine part turned out as this woodgrain DP had a lace edge and flowers on it but I like how it turned out.
   All for today
         Take Care
               Tera

2 comments:

Jacqueline Smith said...

OMG what an awesome card and the colouring job is outstanding! Great Job! Thanks for joining us at Cornish Heritage Farms challenge this week!

Dianne Beans said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the way you colored your focal image.