Monday, July 2, 2012

Mermaid Vase

 Hallo,
   Just a fun little project for you today. I took a plain vase and covered it with material cut from a red satin table runner (it was long enough to do 3 so you will see 2 more versions eventually).
   I colored up this sweet mermaid from Sweet Pea Stamps and framed her with gold mettalic paper using a Spellbinders die.
   I then added some sticky beads and beaded trim and then sealed it all with about 4 coats of acrylic sealer just to make it a bit more durable.
  I am going to entere her in the current challenge over at 'One Sweet Challenge' which is to use stitching - the material I used had some great embroidery just to the one side of the satin flowers. Check out the challenge here - www.onesweetchallenge.blogspot.com

   All for today - Take Care
        Tera


1 comment:

jennifer said...

gorgeous work! thanks for joining One Sweet Challenge.