Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Steam punk vase

 Hallo,
   Coming to you live today from the ITCH factory!!! I am obviously allergic to a medication I took yesterday - I  feel like just clawing my skin off!!! I was up most of the night and finally about 4 am took myself to the ER on base. So far not much luck, still itching like crazy, the anti-itch drugs make me spacey but are not enough to let me sleep - I guess I will ride out the night and try to get an appointment at the clinic in the am - or maybe it will clear up by then!!!
  Meanwhile  lets see if I can sit still long enough to tell you about this cool vase. This is the steam punk version of the one earlier in the week. I used a red satin table runner with some pretty stitching and flowers on it and covered the vase with it.
   The image is a stamp from Sweet Pea Stamps - colored with copics and glued on with gel medium ( drys nice and clear).
   Next I sprayed it with several coats of acrylic sealer to make it more durable.
   The part that took me the longest was the chain. I had found the chain at Micheals about a month ago and the gears last week at A.C. Moore - so I strung gear and bead charm combinations all along the chain and then wrapped it around the vase - glueing it in place with chrystal laquer(also dries clear).
   I plan to enter her in this months challenge over at 'One Sweet Challenge' - www.onesweetchallenge.blogspot.com
Well all for me right now - look for the pirate version of this vase to come .....
  Take Care
       Tera

1 comment:

jennifer said...

beautiful vase, love the idea. hope you get to feeling better - have you tried using hydrocortisone creme? helps me a lot. thanks for joining One Sweet Challenge