Friday, July 6, 2012

Sip Sip Hooray!!

Hallo,
  Well I am almost human again today - I didn't go to bed as early as I planned - the DH talked me into going out to the driveway and he and DS  blew up some fireworks. (I really hadn't been out of the house except for the ER visit and my Dr. app. in about 3 days - the heat just made the rash and itch way worse.)
  But I did get some decent sleep - almost 6 hours worth - which is not enough for me usually but that's more sleep than I had gotten in the 3 days prior so I am happy!!!! I am not itching near as much but I still look like a bad sunburn gone nuclear!!! 
   So today's card is for the current challenge over at Flourishes for their Timeless Tuesday challenge for 'summer' What says summer better than lemonade?? And I decided to make pink lemonade :)
The stamp is from the 'On the porch' set and colored with copics. I fiddled for about 20 minutes or so trying different papers for behind the lemonade - longer than I usually fiddle....I wanted some of each - pink, yellow and turquoise in it and I wanted something bright and cheery too. I have no idea who this paper is from - it has been in my stash probably for 6/7 years now.....
   I paper punched a bit of a tag punch at the top and stamped the phrase in the blank spot - saw that somewhere recently but cannot remember where.... and then added a few rhinestones, including a tiny pink one on the top of the stir thingy in the lemonade jar :) (yup, my brain is still a bit on da loopy side....).
   Check out the challenge over at Flourishes - www.flourishes.org/blog/
    Have a great weekend!!!!
          Tera

2 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So pretty! Love pink lemonade! Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)

Amanda said...

What an absolutely Fabulous idea to make the lemonade pink! That is one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments :) You made that pink lemonade sparkle and sing, with your life like coloring :) An amazing card with a wonderful idea, and I love it :)

Thank you for playing along with us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)