Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Wreath

Hallo,
  It is a beautifully COOL morning today and my puppy is antsy for her morning walk....but I know its going to be a busy day so am going to get this up to show you before I get out for a walk, then yard work and then hopefully the craft room!!!
 Last fall I took all my fall colored scraps ( brown, orange, reds and yellows) and spent an afternoon cutting out leaves with die cuts and then embossing the plain cardstock ones with texture folders - needless to say I had a boatload of leaves that I am still using a year later :)
  I bought 3 of these twig wreaths at Jo Ann's and spent an afternoon glueing leaves to them :).
  This wreath is the first that I finished off. I colored up a stamp from Impression Obsession called 'Jack with house' #H1838 with copics and framed it with a copper frame and tucked it into the side of the wreath.
I added 2 banners made with small Spellbinders dies and stickers - it says Happy Halloween :)
   I am using this for the current challenge over at the IO blog which is 'Nature inspired' - Fall is my favorite season and I love all the color of the leaves (too bad we don't see much of that here in Florida....)
   Check out the challenge here - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
  Well I had better get a move on as the puppy is wearing a track in the carpet running in circles  from the living room through the kitchen and back around the other side ...LOL
    Take Care
                                                                                                                Tera

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Tera!! How creative and so pretty for Fall too! Love how you tucked the card into it. Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Ellen Taylor said...

Stunning wreath! WOWZA!!

Craftyfield said...

Love the wreath, excellent way to use the scraps and get a beautiful wreath for next to nothing.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Wreath and card Tera, so creative !

Vicki G said...

Wow!!! This is amazing! Thanks for playing with us at IOstamps!

Vicki