Monday, September 3, 2012

Thomas birdhouse

Hallo,
  Well it has been a busy Labor Day weekend for me - mainly just running after puppy :).I have yet to figure out a way to block off the cat food and kitty litter so that the puppy can't get to it but the cats can.
  My sweet 21 year old meow doesn't jump well anymore and any space I leave that is big enough for the cats to get through  - well the pup is small enough to get through too.
  And the pup is a smart little whipper snapper too - I closed off the baby gate completely at one point leaving a windy path through the closet around the vacuum cleaner and out into the open again but she saw one of the cats navigate it and immediately followed.....LOL - this is going to be a challenge!!!
   The pup also saw my old meow walk up the pet steps onto my bed and followed her right up - and I don't want the puppy up on the bed (puppy on bed not too bad but full grown dog - a whole nother story :)....but Miss Kyna (puppy) seems to have learned not to get up on the bed but she is very persistent about getting to the cat food....anybody have any ideas????
   Well I did manage to get a little bit of time in the craft room this weekend - just not much (although I did get some yard work done and some house cleaning too).
   This is a birdhouse (decorative only) made from a children's book of Thomas the Tank Engine - I used the books cover for the 'roof' and decorated foam core with pages from the book for the sides and bottom. This books cover was in pretty good shape but had some pages torn out and was destined to be thrown away so it was nice to be able to make something out of it!!! Thomas was a BIG TIME FAVORITE of both my kiddos when they were young.!!!!
   I used some thin twine for the hanger and decorated the edges with it too - and then made a circle out of twine for the 'hole ' in the birdhouse.
  I used a sweet little stuffed bird on the stick 'perch' and a little wooden mouse for decoration up on the roof.
  Alrighty - all for me today - gotta get ready to work tonight (I was sooooo hoping to get a phone call that they wouldn't need me tonight!!! but that doesn't happen much :)

Take Care!!!
     Tera

No comments: