Monday, September 24, 2012

Purple Daze

Hallo,
  Just a quick post - preposted in reality as I will get off work this morning and sleep for a couple hours and then head on over to my Encaustic wax painting class for the afternoon :)
  I have been having so much fun with this wax stuff!!! I have definatly found a new addiction - too bad I will have to delay gratification for about a year, except for any classes I can find anyhow. The spot in the house that I am using for my craft room just isnt big enough for this kind of stuff but when DD goes to college next summer I plan to take over her room and then I should have a bit more space :) - and that should give me time to save up some $$ to fund this addiction too :)
      The class I am taking at the moment is an encaustic wax painting class and the first class we worked mostly with a small hot iron and a  hot pen kinda thing :) I took a few pieces from that first class and put them in frames today and this is one of them - I did about 5 in shades of purple and chose 4 to fit into this frame.
   I will have more of these to show you over the next couple weeks - I only have 2 classes left but the class is a 'double' meaning we have 3 hours with each class so I have been able to get in alot of playing!!!
All for today - Take Care
      Tera



No comments: