Friday, September 28, 2012

Crimson Encaustic

Hallo,
  Another collection of encaustic wax for you today - all in red.
  This one is a combination of pieces I did in both the first 2 classes.
The 3 brighter red pieces were done with the iron and the darker one in the bottom left corner was done on the gridle/hot plate - I did red wax onto black paper instead of white and then I used silver ink to make a puddle on the gridle and dipped the tree stamp into it and 'stamped' it onto the red/black piece.
  I ended up on call for work last night which was wonderful for me (not so good for the paycheck....)
  Belive it or not after sleeping most of the day - I was back in bed by midnight for another 5 hours of sleep....guess I needed to catch up.
   I am hoping to get a bit done in the craft room today - going to try to make a couple more wreaths and maybe catch up on some challenges....get the oil changed in the van, mail a package to my Mom....take  my sweet puppy for a walk before class, she is ready to go but I want to wait for a bit more daylight....
   Have a great day!!!
        Tera




No comments: