Monday, August 26, 2013

I am back!!!!

Hallo,
  Well I am back and DD is safely tucked in at college in Nebraska - I am now officially a Husker Mom!!!
   We went up almost a week early to visit a little with family and allow DD and I to go to Omaha and Lincoln a couple days so she could get the lay of the land. It took us 2 days to drive up and then I flew back yesterday afternoon.
  It was really nice to spend some time with my Mom and see a few friends. My very special third  Grandma passed away almost 2 months ago now and we went and had dinner with her daughters one night, one of whom I hadn't seen in many years (more than 20 in all reality) but its nice to know that even with that much time passing, how close they still are in my heart!!!
   Spent a bit of time with my brother but missed out on seeing his daughter Dani as she headed off to college the morning after we got there. My sisters daughter is also at U of Nebraska in Lincoln and spent all week "rushing" so we didn't get a chance to see her or my sister.....
   I unpacked a bit last night and then hung out a bit with the hubby in the pool - a bit cool it was too - not too much sunshine here in the sunshine state this summer and all the rain has kept the pool a bit on the cool side.
  SO today I started tackling my DD's room - sorting/cleaning/packing, swept-vacuumed, the rug in her room was a mess so I vacuumed and steam cleaned that. Took my puppy for a walk, did several loads of suitcase laundry....well you get the idea.
  My puppy was such a lovey little crazy girl when I walked in last night and she has hardly left my side all day - but she got so she wouldn't be in DD's room with me - she would start whining and get all sad looking, but when my DD called later you should have seen the puppy face when I put her on speaker so she could talk to her :)
   Alright - I have a couple things to do yet tonight so - real quick about my card today - The stamps are from Flourishes of course and I stamped the main image onto kraft colored cardstock from Neenah - 'desert storm' and colored it with prismacolor pencils. I layered it to two DP's in purple, the phrase in a third and then the base is regular kraft cardstock. I found this great rustic kraft colored ribbon/twine at HL and then used pearl drop accents with a viva décor pen to finish it off.
  I should have pics of my DD's locker hook rug that I made - I took it home with us and finished it off in the evenings. No pics of the DD and she didn't let me take any pics....sigh.....maybe I can get a couple when we go home for Thanksgiving!!!
   All for today - Take Care
         Tera



No comments: