Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rust and teal anemones

 Hallo,
    A nice relaxin Sunday for me - course yesterday was pretty good to (we went out on our friends boat with them and it was a great relaxing day to be on the water, a nice breeze and some cloud cover kept it from getting too hot!!!)
   I worked for awhile on the locker hook rug I am making for my daughter and then put together a few cards. I love to just sit and color and had 3/4 images ready to go so I just sat and made up 3 of them.
  As you can tell - I really love the color combinations from the first release challenge this month over at Flourishes - rust and teal....
  My DD and I are headed out Wednesday morning to drive her up to college (AKKKKK - OMG) so I won't get the chance to make any cards for the rest of the release week challenges (maybe I will get lucky and some of the 3 I have made up and waiting will match one of the other challenges...).
   Check out the challenge over at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/   Play along and you could win some bran new stamp sets from Flourishes.
    I used ones of my newest sets - Anemones. I stamped the center bunch in black and then masked it off and stamped 2 more times - one to each side - in gray (so the middle bunch would stand out more)
I colored them with prismacolor pencils - the main bunch in rust tones and the side ones in a light teal blue.
   I edged the main panel with teal ink, layered it to rust colored cardstock edged with rust colored ink, then to some ribbon - a silvery gray one and a teal one - and then to a very dark gray card base.
Lastly I added some teal drop accents with a Viva décor pen.
   All for today - I need to get back to work on my DD's rug and then we are going out to eat at one of our favorite seafood restaurants - probably our last time out to eat as a family all together for awhile .
   Have a great week !!
      Tera


4 comments:

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

These flowers look wonderful and the extra ones with the blue coloring are fabulous. Awesome job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Color challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

I love all the different colours of the Anemones put together! So great Tera! Thanks for playing again!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh...you've made this set shine Tera! I would have never thought of using this set with the fall colors! I love it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wowee! This is one GORGEOUS card, Tera! Love the color choices and your fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!