Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rust and teal anemones

 Hallo,
    A nice relaxin Sunday for me - course yesterday was pretty good to (we went out on our friends boat with them and it was a great relaxing day to be on the water, a nice breeze and some cloud cover kept it from getting too hot!!!)
   I worked for awhile on the locker hook rug I am making for my daughter and then put together a few cards. I love to just sit and color and had 3/4 images ready to go so I just sat and made up 3 of them.
  As you can tell - I really love the color combinations from the first release challenge this month over at Flourishes - rust and teal....
  My DD and I are headed out Wednesday morning to drive her up to college (AKKKKK - OMG) so I won't get the chance to make any cards for the rest of the release week challenges (maybe I will get lucky and some of the 3 I have made up and waiting will match one of the other challenges...).
   Check out the challenge over at Flourishes here - www.flourishes.org/blog/   Play along and you could win some bran new stamp sets from Flourishes.
    I used ones of my newest sets - Anemones. I stamped the center bunch in black and then masked it off and stamped 2 more times - one to each side - in gray (so the middle bunch would stand out more)
I colored them with prismacolor pencils - the main bunch in rust tones and the side ones in a light teal blue.
   I edged the main panel with teal ink, layered it to rust colored cardstock edged with rust colored ink, then to some ribbon - a silvery gray one and a teal one - and then to a very dark gray card base.
Lastly I added some teal drop accents with a Viva décor pen.
   All for today - I need to get back to work on my DD's rug and then we are going out to eat at one of our favorite seafood restaurants - probably our last time out to eat as a family all together for awhile .
   Have a great week !!
      Tera


4 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

These flowers look wonderful and the extra ones with the blue coloring are fabulous. Awesome job. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Color challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

I love all the different colours of the Anemones put together! So great Tera! Thanks for playing again!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh...you've made this set shine Tera! I would have never thought of using this set with the fall colors! I love it!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wowee! This is one GORGEOUS card, Tera! Love the color choices and your fabulous coloring! Thanks so much for playing along with Flourishes!