Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wildflowers

 Hallo,
   It was such a nice cool morning today, so our morning walk was really nice. The thunderstorms last night brought the cold front (relatively speaking anyway) but then it didn't take too long to amp up and  with more humidity too - so I headed to the craft room.
  I did this for the current Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes, which is to use a stamp to make your own background paper. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  I chose the main image from one of my newer sets - 'wildflowers' and stamped it onto both the base card stock and the next layer in memento brown ink and edged the panels both in brown.
  I stamped the wildflowers onto white cardstock and colored them with prismacolor pencils and cut them out with a Spellbinders die and edged that panel with brown too.
  The second layer started out as an orange flowered DP but it didn't look quite right and when I flipped it over the back was a teal blue  and looked great with the reds and oranges and I had this piece of old 70's style lace in orange and yellow that turned out to look pretty good too. All I added after that was some pearl drop with a bronze Viva Décor pen.
   Well its about time to get my nap as I work tonight so all for today :)
         Take Care
               Tera


1 comment:

Katie Sims said...

Wow, your background is awesome and those wildflowers are colored beautifully! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)