Saturday, June 30, 2012

Come home soon!!!


Hallo,
   Showing you a card today made for a challenge from one of my Favoritist stamp companies - My Favorite Things.
   This sketch was for their current Guest Design Team challenge so if I win I would get to play with all the crazy talented ladies of the My Favorite Things Design Team for a month - not to mention the lovely stash of goodies too!!!
  I just got this set from MFT recently - called 'Godspeed' I had the idea to layer him onto some DP with flags on it but would you believe in all my stash I had none!!!!
      So I stamped him and colored him with copics and then made the stripes by hand behind him, and then edged that layer with gold mettalic pen.
  I layered the main piece to a texture patterned blue and then to the red card base - I had origionally envisioned some big gold stars down the left side but alas, another thing lacking in my stash (at least where I could get to them.....can you say thrift store/garage sale addict with found treasure stacked in front of 2 sets of drawers.....)Sooooo - I used a texture folder of bricks for the base cardstock and then sponged on a bit of walnut stained ink to show off the texture a bit more.
On to my banner - again my stash is lacking - the banner dies from MFT are on my wish list but I seem to always have a long list of stamps I want first.....BUT  I did have some postage stamps with flags on them and found some brads shaped like stars (which were copper so I used a gold mettalic pen on them) and I think it made a rather cool banner!!!
  Last but not least I used a phrase from the same set, and 2 more stars. My kiddos would always tell my hubby to come home soon so when I saw that phrase it made me smile :)
   Alrighty I had best take myself away from the computer now and get a nap in before heading off to work tonight.
   Have  great weekend!!!!
      Tera

No comments: