Friday, November 12, 2010

Alumni Blog hop

Hallo,

Prep-posting for you tonight as I am at work - think of me and send a wish for a good night!!! We have been very busy and short staffed lately.....

Tonights feature is a couple cards from our CSS Alumni Blog Hop at Gina K. This time was a color challenge - white or ivory, brown, light blue and yellow.

You should have come to me from
Sharri's blog - www.istamp4u.blogspot.com/2010/11/css-alumni-blog-hop.html
For my 2 cards I used the new "Heirloom Ornaments" set. I stamped them onto DP and embossed them with vintage photo distress powder (for my brown) and then embellished them with gold flat-backed pearls. The first card was done on a white card base and the second was done on a light blue card base.

I really love this set!!!! I matches with the new Spellbinders ornament dies - which I had already bought :)
The next on our hop tonight is Tina - http://www.tinagmemories.com/2010/11/css-color-challenge-hop.html

All for me tonight - Have a great weekend!!!!
Take Care
Tera
















22 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful ornament cards, Tera! Great use of the colors!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tera- HOpe you night at work goes smoothly. Wonderful job on your cards!

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa, Tera...what absolutely gorgeous Christmas cards!!!! I just love how you elbossed the ornaments and the pearls give them such an elegant look!!! Hope your shift goes well...I worked nights in L&D for many years!!!

Jennie said...

Beautiful Christmas designs Tera!! Love what you did with Nina's set and such a fun set to use too :o) Great job on the color challenge!!

Cheri said...

Tera, I love this stamp. You've given me so much inspiration. (Mine should be here tomorrow), I can't wait to ink them.

JaniceAileen said...

Just beautiful! You just can't go wrong with those gorgeous ornaments, can't you?

Melissa said...

Awesome job on the challenge Tera!

Giovana said...

Beautiful cards Tera!

Carolina said...

Stunning Christmas cards - love the ornaments and the layouts you used for each show them off perfectly!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Great Christmas cards! Love the gold pearls.

Miesje said...

Very pretty! Love the colors for a Christmas card!

Lori said...

Beautiful Christmas cards Tera! I wouldn't think to use these colors!!

Sharri said...

Tera, Beautiful card! I love the design with those gorgeous ornaments!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeousness! I adore these images!

joy said...

Love how you have used these ornaments! I like the look of the distressed brown ink and the gold pearls - you have made very elegant cards.

Kay S said...

Tera - your card is gorgeous! Love the beautiful ornaments and the pearls are such a perfect touch. Love Christmas cards made with non-traditional colors.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love all of your beautiful ornaments! Great job with this color combo.

Paper Bagley said...

Rich and warm thanks for the look

Luv 2 Create said...

Beautifully done. Love Nina's ornament stamp set. It was my favorite of the new releases. Love your color choices.
Marcie

Nana Donna said...

Oh I love your card. Love how the stamps match the dies perfectly

Jessica said...

I love your cards! I like the light blue base best...I think. But the ornaments are absolutely delicious! Wonderful use of the challenge colors. Well done.

Pat Jandacek said...

If the first one is on white it must be a real knock-out IRL! Both look to be (different) blue backgrounds on my screen, and both are beautiful as they appear. Great job!