Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Snowflake Reindeer


Hallo,
Well I am showing you another card from my stash again - no stamping time for me today.... :(
It was raining here today so couldn't stain cabinets - my game plan was to run some neglected errands and get the paint for the kitchen and start prepping to paint......I got my errands done in a timely mannor but sat down to check email quick and fell asleep (I didn't sleep well last night...) and then it was time to run to the phone place to pick up my and my DD's new phones.
The trip to the phone place was sposed to be quick and then I had decided to forgo the prep to paint plan and get a little stamp therapy.....unfortunatly the computers at the phone place were giving them fits and it took over 2 hours to get it all done.
I did end up with a really cool phone though :) - my old palm pad is dying too so I splurged and got a phone that would also take the place of all the stuff on my palm pad......I got a DROID!!!! Now it will just take time to figure it out and get all my data loaded - my phone was too far gone to transfer all the phone numbers.....


I did this card awhile back and was trying for a rustic look - I think I managed that....
The base cardstock is dark brown ran through a texture folder and swiped with ivory ink.
The next layer is a piece of 'faux rusty metal' that I also ran through the snowflake folder and swiped with ivory ink - then edged with copper mettalic pen.
I stamped the reindeer from Flourishes in memento brown ink onto cream cardstock and colored him with copics. I then cut him out with a Spellbinders labels die using an 'out-of-the-box' technique and then ink distressed the edges and finally edging also with copper mettalic pen.
I popped the deer layer up with foam tape and then added some red rhinestones to his nose and antlers.
All for tonight - going to play with my droid....
Take Care
Tera






No comments: