Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Phindy's metal

Hallo,
Just a quick card for you this am - I was determined to play along with a few of my favorite challenges this week and this makes 2 so far :)
This card is for the challenge at Phindy's - this week it is for 'metal'
metal = guy card :) The BBQ grill is colored with prismacolor pencils and then I went over the top with a silver spica glitter pen. I also used mettalic brads to attch the backround panel.
I really like this image from Phindy's - that pooch is so cute just sitting there drooling.
The background panel is done with a texture folder with white core paper and then I sanded the texture - then I distressed the edges a bit and edged them with walnut distress ink.
Stop over to Phindy's for samples and to see what everyone else has done with this challenge - http://www.phindysplacechallenge.blogspot.com/
My Chief Enabler and I are headed to Pensacola today (our last chance until after the holidays between her schedule and mine...) we plan on scoping out a couple antique/flea/thrift places and of course Hobby Lobby. Course we are in for some weather...will probably get rained on starting about lunch time.....



All for today - Take Care
Tera


5 comments:

Cec said...

Fabulous card. I love the brads and that great embossed panel. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Ann English said...

Really cute card-great DP and love the screws!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindys Place Challenge.

Anne said...

What a terrific masculine card, love that embossing!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindys Place Challenge.
Hugs
Anne

Philomena said...

A really fun "male" card, Tera! Love the background you created and your screw head brads.
Thanks so much for playing at Phindy's Place this week!

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card. I really love the screw heads!!

Thank you for playing along with us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!!!