Friday, November 26, 2010

CSS Alumni blog hop

Hallo,
Time for another CSS Alumni blog hop - an inspiration challenge this time. The first photo was our inspiration this time.
If you are following the hop then you came to me from Peggy's blog - http://www.heartfullstamping.blogspot.com/2010/11/css-inspiration-blog-hop.html
where I am sure she had some wonderful eye candy for you!!!
My first card starts with a white card base which I did some faux stitching in red, then the red gingham DP with some faux stitching in white.
I then stamped and embossed with white, the snowflake from this months 'One free with three' set onto the DP.

I used this weeks sketch over at Stamp TV for my layout.
The phrase is from the Heirloom Ornaments set and the main image is also from the 'One free with three' set.
I colored the main image with prismacolor pencils.
The main image is cut out with the Spellbinders tree die and the phrase with a labels die.
My second card starts with a white base and same DP both are faux stitched in red. And again I used this weeks sketch from Stamp TV.
The main image is from the new 'Winter Mittens' set and both ribbons I bought this am (about 6am actually) at Micheals. I only went to 2 places this am - Micheals and A.C.Moore - and really the only reason I actually got up to go shopping is because my old meowing one woke me at 4 am and I couldn't get back to sleep :). Silly old cat is literally 20 years old and she didn't let us sleep much last night....
I cut out the mittens with the coordinating Spellbinders die and added some red and green rhinestones.
All for me today - off you go to Tina's place - http://www.tinagmemories.com/2010/11/css-inspiration-blog-hop.html
for more fabulous inspiration
Take Care
Tera

















31 comments:

Cheri said...

Tera, your cards are gorgeous! Your detailing pops the colors so well. Especially love those mittens.

Giovana said...

Great cards Tera!!

Melissa said...

Awesome job with the inspiration photo Tera!

Tina said...

Great cards, Tera!!!!

Lori said...

Fantastic cards Tera!!

Miesje said...

What wonderful cards! Your cards have so many interesting elements in it. I just love looking at them for a long time!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Tera- you did a great job on both!

Kay S said...

Oh, Tera! I love your cards! The gingham background is perfect and I love how you added the snowflakes to the first one and the bling on the second.

Carla S. said...

Very cute cards, Tera! Love the snowflake background with the gingham! Great details on both!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

great card! I esp love the pompom's on the mitten one!

Barbara Colbert said...

Great cards!!! Both look very festive!

peggy wainman said...

Great cards!

Carolina said...

Adorable cards Tera - love the background patterned paper you used and the faux stitching is the perfect touch!

Kim Marie said...

Wow!! These are wonderful sketches and so rich in colors and textures!
Wow!
Kim Marie

joy said...

Both your card are wonderful! My favorite is the first -- oh you made that sentiment so special by pairing it with the candles!

Becky said...

Both of these are lovely.

TiaKeas said...

i love the chunky tree and the mittens are a beautiful color. Thank-you..

Lyngo said...

Both cards are great. I love the gingham !

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards - both of them!

Virginia Wingo said...

What bright and beautiful Christmas cards. Those mittens are adorable.

Anonymous said...

love the mittens.

Melanie said...

very pretty, i like your snowflake stamped DP!

Moments by Marla said...

I love all three of your cards. I really like the snowflakes and mittens.

St. Petersburg CutUp (Veronika) said...

You did such a wonderful job on the first one and then topped it with the second. Great designs!

Luv 2 Create said...

Love your snowflake addition to the DP on your cards. What beautiful Christmas cards.
Marcie

Julie said...

love the vintage feel of your cards.

kraftykat157 said...

Both cards are great...

Auntie Em said...

Two beautiful cards! The details are amazing. Love the embossing on the gingham (I would never have thought of it!) the vintage style text and the antiqued candles. The green mittens are so pretty on the red.
Thank you so much for sharing! :o)

Artistic Angel said...

The cards are truly devine! Thanks for sharing your cards with us.

Betty Neville said...

Wonderful cards Tera!

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, Tera! The mittens are my favorite!