Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Quilt

Hallo,
Just a quick post as I try to get a nap before work tonight....kids are off for spring break and at the beach today :)
The weather is perfect for the beach this week - feels almost like summer.
A spring card for you today for the current challenge over at the Impression Obsession blog - www.mitrafriant.typepad.com
I used 2 stamps from IO - Quilt J1081 and Pretty Peony F8739 and colored them with prismacolor pencils.
I grew up on the farm and Mom always had (still does - even more than when I was growing up) peonys growing along side the out buildings (out buildings = farm talk for all the sheds/barns/chicken coops/whatever out in the yard from the house :). Most of the peonys Mom had/has are pink - many differnt shades of pink and I always loved them - the only ones I liked better were lilacs (and neither will grow here in Florida - pout...)
I took the main colors of blue, yellow and green from the last Gina K CSS blog hop (last friday) - I just wanted to use them again cause I liked how the colors looked together - and then I added the nice little pop of pink to the mix :).
All for today - Take Care
Tera


2 comments:

Paula Huiras said...

Very pretty. I like your embossed background and the way you folded the corner.
PH

Shirley said...

Wow! Tera, that flower is just so gorgeous and vibrant! Really fun and pretty the way you curled the corner of your embossed BG too! Thanks so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too, lady!!