Thursday, March 15, 2012

Zinnia tin

Hallo,
Well today was the first real stamping time I have had all week and I managed to finished off 3 challenges for Flourishes. I had actually started this project for last weeks FTTC challenge and due to events over the weekend I just managed to finish it off today.
My project fits perfectly for todays lunchtime challenge of back and front - to use stamp from the stamp set in the background as well as the main image. Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
This is and old tin hanging and it had a picture in the center that was faded and blah ( I really do need to get better about taking 'before ' pictures)
For the background I used stamps from the Flourishes Zinnias set and a technique from Technique Junkies called 'faux designer paper'
I then colored the main zinnia image twice and the stemmed zinnias in a mug from the Mix and Mugs set twice - both with copics and cut them out. I added the phrase on vellum and some bead flourishes in the opposite corners.
I really like how it turned out except that maybe the scale is a bit too small for the space....I like it anyhow.
All for today - need to try to call my Mom again tonight.
I got news tonight that her sister in Idaho is in the hospital and very sick so thats upsetting, even more so for my Mom because she cant travel right now to go out to be with her.... Send some prayers if you could for my Mom and her sister tonight!!!
Well got a bit more to do tonight so had better get to it....
Take Care
Tera
P.S. This picture will be up on my Etsy shop tonight....



3 comments:

Shelley said...

It's beautiful! The coloring and shading of the flowers is fantastic. The entire piece is wonderful.

ChristineCreations said...

That is the coolest frame! And I love how you've used the zinnias! (especially in the coffee cup! Very fun!) So glad you could stamp for these challenges!

Julie Koerber said...

Tera, I love how you created this oh so rustic frame! This is just homey and lovely and colorful.... all in one! So glad you played along with us over at Flourishes!