Saturday, June 9, 2012

Red, red rose....

 Hallo,
   A rainy saturday am today.....my DD's softball games got rained out last night so I came home and putter around in the craft room, finishing off this frame I have been working on.
  I have had a couple friends loose their Mom's lately and this phrase from Serendipity Stamps is so sweet!!!!
  I paired the phrase with an old stamp from Stampin Up. I stamped the background several times with memento london fog gray ink and then stamped the rose 3 more times on seperate pieces of cardstock. I colored 2 of them completely - with copics - and the third I just colored the roses and leaves. I used the third piece to do some paper tole on the main rose.
  I stamped the phrase onto vellum and embossed in black.
   All for me today - DD is working, DS is playing paintball (probably in the rain) and DH will be out and about too....I am headed off after lunch to a class at a local art gallery doing some work with encaustic wax which I have never tried before but looks like it could be fun!!!
    I will have this frame up on the Etsy site today - I plan to do a couple more versions sometime soon.....
   Take Care and have a great weekend!!!
        Tera


1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Gorjuss project! How beautiful are those roses!