Saturday, June 2, 2012

Roses in Winter

Hallo,
  A quick post for you today - headed off to work in a bit....
Hot and sunny here in NW Florida today but the humidity was down today so that was nice!!! Our local town festival was this weekend with the Pirates landing this afternoon to take over the town and distribute 'booty' (beads, cups, t-shirts and yes moon pies - of course) I went downtown with DH and wandered around for a bit and then we got lunch. I had to miss the landing this time due to a need for me to get a nap before work tonight.

I did this frame up to send to a friend who just recently lost her sweet Mamma. Shortly after I heard, I was looking at a stamp store that I hadn't looked at in awhile - Serendipity Stamps -  and saw the phrase stamp and HAD to get it!!!.
  The flowers are peonies instead of roses because my friends Mom had a ton of peonies at her house.
  The peony stamp is from Impression Obsession. I tried to color them very light so the phrase would really stand out but yet still have pretty color.
    My friend loves vintage things, so I thought she would love this beautiful old frame!
   I love going to garage sales and thrift stores and finding classic old frames like this one to give new life to - recycle, repurpose and renew :)
   I have one more frame that I need to make up for a classmate of mine who also lost her Mom in the last couple months - that one will be done with roses and I may add a stamp from one of my new sets from Flourishes that has a whicker chair with a book on it because my classmates Mom loved roses and reading (among other things).
   All for today - should be back on Monday - have a great weekend!!!!
       Tera
 


No comments: