Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Silver Magnolias


Hallo,
  Getting a late start this am - up late with my DD's softball games and then my old meow was rather restless last night (she is 21 years old and very thin and thinks she needs to be fed every 2 hours) and then we had some thunderstorms roll through which really didnt wake me for long, but then about 4 am my old mutt started barking and crying at the porch door (he really is an outside dog but would love to be an inside dog) after 2 attemps to shush him, I finally just let him in.....finally just got up about 630.....I have to get a nap later in the day before work anyhow.....
  I did this card yesterday for the current Timeless Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes which is for a white card with lace and/or pearls.
Check it out here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
  I haven't done 2 cards for one challenge in awhile but had this idea in my head too so did it up - the hardest part was getting the die to cut.
  I love this die from Cheery Lynn but have had trouble getting it to cut all the way through. It took no less than 4 passes to get it to cut throughout the die. I guess I ned to break down and buy the other plate made for the morre detailed dies.....
   I used the magnolia stamp from Flourishes and embossed it with silver. When I put it up against the die and the DP it just didn't show up as much as I would have liked so I decided to add just a bit of color. I used G0000 and Y0000 copics and added color to the leaves and a bit of color to the flowers and that was just enough. (be very careful with the copics and embossing powder BTW because the copic ink will disolve the embossing and pick up on the tip of the copic)
   I fussy cut the magnolias before i glued it down BTW.....and then added the pearls in 2 rows and in one corner.
  Well I had better get my self a going here - need to get some cleaning done and head to the craft room!!!
  Take Care
        Tera

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Do you have a tutorial on how to do your Magnolia card....does it use the Cricut for the lace panel? Joan JSMK426@yahoo.com

Cindy Haffner said...

Another BEAUTY!!~

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Tera...your laced background is really stunning...love it! Beautiful white card! Hugs, ~S~