Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Encaustic mermaid

Hallo,
  Just a short post this am - took the pups for a short walk and did my stretches so its off to bed for me shortly. My project for this afternoon is to start clearing away stuff from the windows in my house as we are getting all new windows next tuesday - the next 2 days are busy ones for me and then I work the weekend so I guess today is the day - SOOOO looking forward to it....NOT
  On to something more fun - this sweet little mermaid encaustic piece.
  I used a digital image from Sweet Pea Stamps by Holly Durr called 'Enchanted Summer' I colored her with prismacolor and polychrome pencils.
  I did up an oceany background and then added my sweet mermaid on top and then added a couple more layers of wax - I reall hadnt planned for the blu wax to melt in over the top of her like it did but was really pleased with how it looked  - kinda looks like she is under water.
  The encaustic piece is 6 bby 6 inches matted to some gold colored mat board and framed in a 10 by 10 inch frame.
  I really am loving my encaustic wax adventure - the wax is so translucent and it changes colors and shapes with different lighting - so pretty!!!
  All for this am - Take Care
     Tera




No comments: