Saturday, June 13, 2015

Lady Blue

Hallo,
  Some encaustic wax for you this am - need to get out in the yard and plant some plants but I almost melted on our morning walk so my ambition just isn't there :)
 This is a 6 by 6 inch board which I first covered with cardstock that I had done transfers of vintage images onto and then distressed the edges a bit with tea dye inks.
  Next came about 7 layers of wax each fused to the layer below with the heat gun. And last I used a stencil and some blue colored wax that I toned down with a bit of silver which turned out really pretty.
  I mounted it to some pretty blue suede mat board and then in a 10 by 10 inch black frame.
   I have 4 in this series with the blue wax stencil - kinda like the 4 I did in red but I decided to frame each of these separately.
    All for this am - better get to planting before it gets too much hotter....
       Take Care
          Tera



No comments: