Monday, April 19, 2010

Oriental Inchies

Hallo,

A quick post for you this am....busy weekend at work but overall not too crazy....I recieved the last of the plants I ordered for this spring in the mail on saturday so I need to get those planted today. I am going to try some roses....haven't tried roses before so we'll see how they do.

I have 2 cards for you today both along the same theme. Over at the 'Inchie Inklings' blog they have started sketch challenges and these 2 cards are for this weeks sketch.

Check it out here - www.ellenhutson.typepad.com/inchie_inklings/


These images may also look familar as I used the same ones for the twinchie challenge over at Flourishes.

The stamps are from Flourishes - colored with copics. I cut out a couple fish and a waterlily to layer 'out-of-the-box' style.

The tan layer is coordinations cardstock run through a cuttlebug folder and then sanded - edged with gold mettalic pen.
Next layer is some oriental washi paper edged with the gold mettalic pen.
Base layer is stamped with oriental script.





In this second card I also ran the base cardstock through the cuttlebug folder and highlighted the texture with walnut stain distress ink.
I decided to get a bit more dramatic with the second card and added a black inchie to the mix and some black and white washi paper.
All for today - off to play in the dirt....
Take Care
Tera










3 comments:

Harriet Hensley said...

OMG both of these cards are gorgeous...

Angelnorth said...

These look great, love the extra drama of the black inchie on the second one!

Eveline said...

Very beautiful cards.
Eveline.