Friday, April 9, 2010

Card 1 - GKD

Hallo,
I have another post for you today.
Below is a card I did for this months Design Team contest for Gina K.
The challenge was to make a card using a favorite children's book and one of the stamp sets released last month. Check out the contest here - www.blog.ginakdesigns.com
My main challenge was that I am working 4 of 5 days (12 hour shifts) that is the time frame for the challenge....
My other challenge is deciding which books to use - I am a bookaholic so therefore my kiddos had a ton of books - I finally just had to kinda close my eyes and point (after narrowing the pile down a bit...)
My first card was inspired by Peter Rabbit as you can tell by the photo to the right :).



Its only a small part of the book about Mamma rabbit knitting mittens
but I learned to knit when I was about 7 years old and My Mom and Grandma have always knitted and crocheted.
The card features the new set 'Nana's Needlework' and also uses the 'Lovely Labels' set.
First I used the lace doily to make the backround - white craft ink stamped onto dark cardstock and colored with chalks and then stamped again with white craft ink. It is a technique from Technique Junkies called 'backround burst extension'
The main image was stamped and colored with copics and then both panels edged with copper mettalic ink. I layered the top panel onto an old scrap of lace and embellished with pearls.





All for today - gotta get off to bed....more tomorrow....
Have a great weekend!!!!
Tera

















No comments: