Friday, April 30, 2010

Create Yourself

Hallo,
Just a short note before I am off and running for the morning - tonight starts my first long stretch on night shift - 4 -12 hour shifts in a row from 7pm to 7am - haven't done this night shift stuff in a long time so wish me luck.
I need to get a few groceries first thing this am and get a card made.....then my friend and chief enabler Pat and I are going to a local churches annual garage sale. Not that I need anything but they often have some good stuff.....where I will put it who knows.....


Once back from the garage sale I will take me a good long nap.....its going to be a good day for a nap, looks like rain....
On to todays card....the technique is based on TJ's colorwash batik but has been highly modified - accually more or less combined with the sanded cordinations technique. The batik technique starts with embossing with clear powder onto white cardstock which I skipped altogether.
Here's what I did - I started with yellow cordinations cardstock and added patches of chalk in red and orange - leaving patches of the yellow showing.
Then I ran it through a cuttlebug embossing folder and sanded over the top of the texture from the folder. That is the fun thing about this cardstock - it has a white core so is great for sanding and distressing.
Next I stamped and embossed in black the phrase - from Unity Stamps - onto clear cardstock and added it to the front of the cardbase with the batik modified technique.
The flowers - from Gina K designs - were stamped onto cardstock and colored with copic markers. I cut them out and layered them on top of the clear cardstock.
All for today - I will post a short one for you on monday to let you all know how I am surviving,
have tuesday off, work again wednesday and then a stretch off again.....
Have a great weekend!!!
Tera

1 comment:

Ali Manning said...

This is a stunning card!