Saturday, October 23, 2010

Zombies and other insanity

Hallo,
Just a few zombie photos to start with - last year in downtown FWB they started what they called 'Zombie Walk' the weekend before Halloween - so we went to see some zombies tonight....
The have hundreds of people dressed up as zombies, have trick or treating for the kids at the shops, a booth set up to help people 'become' zombies, 'brain' eating contests, 'rescue the civilian' contest and then the topper is a big street dance to the tune of Micheal Jackson's 'Thriller'
We didn't stay for the Thriller dance but we sat on the patio of our fav downtown pub and watched zombies go by....
The third photo is a group of 'zombie fighters' .....
Now the last bunch of pics are kinda scary too but probably only to me.... I have wanted to redo my kitchen cabinets for a loooong time and I have finally took the plunge. Tom is out of town next weekend and I took about a week and 1/2 off.....
I work monday and tuesday so come wednesday I will get the hardware and the doors off and start sanding......I plan on staining them so sand, stain, varnish - and then while everything is tore up I plan to paint also (kitchen, adjacent hallway, small laundry room and small bathroom...)
I only hope that a week and 1/2 is enough.....


The first 2 shots are the before pics - gray stained cabinets with grape clusters stamped with acrylic paint on them and the beautiful yellow paint (which I have seriously outgrown...).
Next is with the cabinets down and then the pile of cabinets in the garage....
Wish me luck!!!
Take Care - Have a great weekend!!!
Tera
































































No comments: