Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Peace, Love and Joy

Hallo,
Well I should sleep well tonight - the last 2 nights at work have been very busy, didn't sleep well yesterday and today I got up early to have lunch with my good friend Pat!!!
Between my work schedule and the teenagers and Pat's busy schedule we haven't had much time to get together lately so it was great to go to lunch and talk crafts, family work(Pat is an RN too) but mostly crafts :).
Once done with lunch I ran a couple errands and picked up the kiddos after their after school meetings....and then came home and managed to finish a card.
I did this card for this weeks sketch challenge over at Stamp TV - you need to check out Stamp TV - membership is free, lots of free tutorials, an awsome gallery and with the weekly challenges - chances to win free stamp sets from Gina K!!!!
http://www.stamptv.ning.com/
The base layer on this card is red cardstock ran through a texture folder and then highlighted with gold mettalic rub on paste.
The next layer up is 2 ribbons - a wide thin gold one and a green one.
Next up is a patterned paper stamped with a label from the new 'Lovely labels 2' stamp set - first time I stamped it onto this DP the green pattern was to 'busy' so I took another piece of the same DP and sanded it a bit to 'smooth' out some of the pattern and then stamped in distress brick red.
The small label is also from "Lovely Labels 2' - stamped in distress peeled paint (green). The phrase is from 'Holiday Hospitality' stamped in the distress red also.
Finally I added some red and green flat backed pearls and dats it...

Well - I plan to be back tomorrow inbetween sanding I will take breaks at the craft table. Wish me luck as I have never taken on a big refinish project like this before and I only have a week and 1/2 to finish (well - a week and 1/2 off work and I REALLY want to have the cabinets as well as the painting done by then.....like I said, wish me luck!!!)
All for tonight - need to get something rolling for dinner - also need to get up and move before I fall asleep (2 1/2 hours sleep just isn't quite enough but some days so very worth it - and I will sleep through the night instead of waking up at 2 am not able to get back to sleep....)
Take Care
Tera





No comments: