Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drummer Boy Ornaments

Hallo,
A little quiet time for me this am before I rouse the kiddos to go to church....
I won't get much stamping/blogging time today as I am determined to finish off the sanding today!!! I put in about 5 and 1/2 hours sanding yesterday (and about 4 on friday) - my arms were so sore last night - still a bit of an ache this am but not too bad. I only have about 6 cabinet doors and the bottom cabinets in the house to finish rough sanding and then do some finer sanding but it will still take me most of the day.....
I am hopeing the staining and finishing will only take a couple days......then I have to paint.....
All I can say it #1 This had better be worth it!!!!
#2 This will definatly cure me from thinking of any big decorating projects for awhile.!!!! LOL


Anyway - todays pics are some ornaments that I bought plain at Hobby Lobby. They had a nice matte finish so were easy to stamp on.
I used the 'Drummer boy' set from Flourishes and colored them with my copics. The markers didn't blend as nice and tended to streak just a bit on these ornaments but I still liked the way they turned out!!!
I sealed them with some gold toned modge podge.
I did try coloring one with my prismacolor pencils and it didn't turn out as well and then the modge podge made the colors smear just a bit.
I want to give my twinks a try on these next (Tinkling H2O's). maybe I can get my major decorating project done in time to have some time to stamp next weekend.....
All for today - time to get a moving for me ....
Take Care
Tera

No comments: