Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tailormade Friendship

Hallo,
   Well it has been a skimpy week for posts this week but I have a sweet little tidbit for you today :).
   After having monday off - I worked tuesday and wednesday nights and was sposed to work thursday night too but I let another co-worker take that one as she wanted some extra mulla for her vacation coming up....and I dont mind an extra day off (although not really extra due to working a nonscheduled shift on tuesday as an extra...).
  I did this little frame up for the current FTTC challenge over at Flourishes. The challenge this week is a Bingo challenge and I chose the row with - buttons, lace and bling.(more on that in a bit). Chek out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
 I had fully intended on taking pics as I went along this time and as usual forgot.....arrggg.
  This is a picture frame that I found at a local thrift shop and redecorated.
  The black flourishes and the word friends were already on the glass on the inside and I added a stamped phrase from Flourishes embossed in black on the outside of the glass.
  The base cardstock is one that looks like vintage dress patterns and on top of that I layered - horizontally a die cut lacey pattern, edged with purple ink and some real lace trim (also from Flourishes), vertically - I added a different lacey type die cut also edged in purple ink .
    Along the left side of the frame I cut some rosettes with some of the same paper as the base and edged them with purple ink and topped them with some vintage cloth covered buttons (covered in purple cloth - perfect match from my stash :).
  Next layer is a Hero Arts stamp - colored with prismacolor pencils, die cut, sponged with antique linnen distress ink and edged with tea dye and walnut stain distress inks.
  Next layer is the hat and hat stand stamp from Flourishes - colored with copics and added some viva decor pearl pen for some 'bling'
 Last but not least - popped up on a couple layers of foam tape is the drress form from the same Flourishes set colored also in copics and with some added bling with the pearl pen.
   I had such fun planning and doing this frame!!! It will be up on my Etsy site tonight if anyone is interested :)
  Well - I have an hour or so to putz around and then its off to meet the kids to take Prom pictures :) My DD looks so beautiful in her dress!!!! We are taking pics down at the boardwalk overlooking the beach :)
   Take Care - Hope you are having a good weekend!!!!
   Tera

5 comments:

Beate said...

What a beautiful Shadow box! Love it!
Hugs and smiles

Amanda said...

I love, love your shadow box idea!! I love the frame with all the black swirls and how you decorated the inside! Love it :)

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS FABULOUS!!~

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! What a gorgeous mixed media project! So incredibly beautiful! Thanks so much for joining along with FTTC :)

Heather Rogers said...

So unique and absolutely stunning. I love this idea and all the fabulous details. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)