Monday, April 30, 2012

Magnolia frame

                                                                

 Hallo,
   Well so far I donot like the new format blogger is using.....bleh....hope I get used to it.
Couple pics of a frame that I redecorated - I found it at a thrift shop (and even remembered to take 'before' pics this time - they are at the end of the post). This is defiantly an old picture frame - the tabs that slide over to hold the picture in the frame on the back of it were plastic and they just disintegrated in my hands when I was taking apart the frame....
   The magnolias are from Flourishes and colored with copics on the left hand frame and  layered to pretty DP  - I also used the magnolias stamped in gray ink behind the phrase on the right side of the frame.
   The phrase is from Verve.
    I cut both main panels out with a Spellbinders die and edged them with gold mettalic pen. I then used a thin gold mettalic pen to outline the scrolls etched into the corners of each frame. Lastly I used some viva decor gold pen on the frame and on the DP behind the main images.
   All for me today - gotta get ready to head off to work.....
  This piece will be up on the Etsy shop here shortly :)
     Take Care
          Tera





3 comments:

Beate said...

Gorgeous altered frame!
Hugs and smiles

Marie said...

Beautiful shading on those magnolias. Love how you made something old...new again.

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!~