I have been trying to get something done for this months Christmas challenge over at the Flourishes forum on Splitcoast Stampers for awhile now....had this in mind for a couple weeks but alas it didn't turn out as well as I wanted.....
I used a matt (verses coated premade ornament ) and it just absorbed everything like crazy.
I embossed the ornaments from Flourishes in silver, gold and antique linnen distress powder and then I painted them all with Twinkling H2O's.
After I painted it , I did seal it with a couple layers of acrylic sealer.
I will try this again but I think I may start with a good coat of misting sprays - either plain or glimmer mist type - then maybe if I seal it with workable fixative I could emboss and paint it with better results....may have to try that on friday if I have time....(I have told myself that if I pass my test tomorrow then Friday I am going to make the rounds of my local thrift shops - something I haven't done in a long time due to a major lack of storage... :)
All for now - will have another post up today yet.....got achallenge deadline to make :)