Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oriental Hummingbird

Hallo,
Yup it be raining!!!! It was sposed to be a pretty bad storm but it fizzled for the most part which is ok - we are still getting the rain which we need just not the wind and scary stuff!!!!
I managed to get some more work done on the flower beds this am and then ran over to hang out with my Stampin' group for a bit....
I did this card for this weeks Tuesday challenge over at Flourishes.
The challenge was to make a center step card.
I had this image and the hummer colored up already so I just found some matching papers and put it together. I decided that it was high time I used some of the washi paper I have been hoarding for - well some of it for 2/3 years, and one batch for just a year....I found a piece that had just the right shade of pink to match too!!!

You will probably be seeing more of my washi paper in the near future - I LOVE these papers!!! (after all if I never use it how can I buy more :) - and I do have a stamp convention to go to next week!!!)
The stamps are from Flourishes of course and are colored with prismacolor pencils. The flowers were cut out with a Spellbinders die and edged with gold metallic pen and the hummer was cut out by hand an glued so he was off the edge a bit.
Check out the challenge here - www.flourishes.org/blog/
All for me today - back to the craft room for a bit.....
Take Care
Tera










3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

This card is Gorgeous ! I love those papers and the image, great job with colouring using Prisma Pencils !

Cheryl said...

Fantastic coloring, and I love the dp you used. How in the world did you keep that gold pen so perfect on the edges of the die cut? :) Thanks for joining us this week for the FTTC.

Heather Rogers said...

This is beautiful! I love this set and darling Hummingbird. Your colors are so brilliant. Thanks for playing at FTTC. :)